This course is organised in close cooperation with the DOB-Academy, in order to combine the networks and enhance the sharing of knowledge throughout the entire offshore energy industry.
During this ‘Offshore Wind Basics’ training course, you will learn the basics of the offshore wind energy industry and identify possible opportunities for your company. The inspiring lectures will contribute to your understanding of the rapid growth of this sector and will be accompanied by two practical cases, so that you can immediately put the knowledge you have gained into practice.
To stay up to date with the latest developments in the offshore wind sector, participation in this training is essential. The offshore wind industry has undergone a massive change in the past five years, both in the size and number of these projects, that has even surprised the companies in the sector itself. Therefore, in order to keep their competitive edge, companies and personnel need to keep up with this rapid pace. With this training, you can!
This course is organized in close collaboration with IRO and NWEA, the two biggest professional associations in the oil, gas and wind energy sector, in order to combine the networks and enhance the sharing of knowledge throughout the entire offshore energy industry.
- Get to know all the basics of the offshore wind industry in just one day
- Understand the rapid growth and development of the offshore wind energy industry
- Acquire knowledge about the effect of both policy and societal needs on the development of offshore wind energy
- Understand how wind is converted into electricity, how this electricity is transported to consumers and how a business case can be built for this
- Gain insight into the life cycle of a typical wind farm, including its design, construction, installation, operation and maintenance
- Learn from the best: this training course is organized in cooperation with IRO and NWEA, the two biggest professional associations in the oil, gas and wind energy sector
This course has been developed for newcomers in the offshore wind industry and others interested in the sector. No background knowledge or technical education is required.
At the DOB-Academy they offer several ways to participate in the training courses. All of the regular training courses will have the hybrid set-up. This means that part of the participants can join the course in Delft whereas others can participate online via Zoom. This enables each participant to join the training course how he/she is comfortable with.
At the DOB-Academy all measures are in place to ensure they meet the current COVID-19 regulations.