AF Gruppen is one of Norway's leading contractor and industry groups, comprising several key business groups covering a wide range of services including decommissioning (AF Offshore Decom)
AF Offshore Decom understands that decommissioning projects are different to traditional operations and that the key to success involves flexibility, ingenuity and a modern, decommissioning specific approach. Our strategy and business model with a focus on lump sum contract models for EPRD and the full decommissioning solution enables us to deliver fit-for-purpose, environmentally friendly and cost effective solutions to our clients.
AF Offshore Decom continues to push the boundaries of innovation due to our wide range of skills, equipment and experience developed through the successful decommissioning and processing of over 20 assets weighing over 220,000t in the last 13 years.
With an unrivalled range of services, a lengthy and strong decommissioning track record, and a substantial and experienced decommissioning team, AFOffshore Decom can provide the full range of decommissioning solutions, from cessation of production to onshore recycling and disposal.
Our environmental base with ultra-deep water quayside allows us to undertake advanced operations to securely manage the decommissioning, destruct and disposal of both fixed and floating assets, inclusive of FSUs, FPVs and FPSOs etc. The facility is located in Vats (Municipality of Vindafjord) and satisfies all authority and regulatory requirements for decommissioning of offshore structures and the handling of waste.
- Full well P&A project responsibility
- Government and regulatory contact and management
- Planning, execution and management of single or batch well abandonment scopes with vessels of opportunity specific to scope requirements, delivering a lower cost solution than the use of a drilling rig
Offshore Engineering Down, Cleaning and Decontamination
- Specialist cleaning
- Cold / Hot cutting
- NORM removal
- Asbestos removal
- Global isolation and make-safe
- Hazardous material survey and mapping
- Engineering and management
- Boring & Pinning
- Onshore disposal
Topside and Jacket Removal
- Preparatory work for removal of topsides and Jackets including fixing of lifting arrangements, non-destructive testing of critical structures and joints, separation of modules and clearance of lift paths
- Preparatory work for lifting of offshore installations
- Removal of steel and other waste offshore
- Padeye free lifting of modules and structures with AFODs patented and industry proven ‘lifting blocks’
- Provision of single lift, reverse installation and piece small removal of topsides, jacket and subsea structures
- Offloading, deconstruction and recycling of topsides, jackets, conductors and subsea structures in AF Environmental Base, Vats
Onshore Recycling and Disposal
- Europe’s most advanced decommissioning facility
- Custom built to handle offshore installations and marine structures
- 75,000 tones capacity at any given time with 68,000m2 (730,000 sq ft) high impact demolition/processing area
- Concrete surface with membrane and drainage systems to treatment plant
- A unique site; almost unlimited water depth, calm weather conditions, and minimum tidal differences
- Offices, weighing facilities, conference room, lunch room and locker-rooms
- Cafeteria and accommodation for 98 persons
- Cavern (water reservoir inside mountain with 9000 cubic metre capacity)
- Water treatment plant and flushing hall
- With highly experienced and well trained Disposal Engineers, AFOD can assist with, and provide a full range Disposal Engineering, Execution & Follow-up service at any yard the Client wishes to contract.