Circular Economy is this year’s central theme of KIVI, and in that light the sections Maritime Technology & Offshore Technology of KIVI have organized this symposium. Even today, ships and structures are beached and demolished in a manner way below standards with respect to Health and Safety and environmental pollution. We can do better!
In Graceful Demolition we will address
• Means and standards to carry out decommissioning and removal in the offshore industry
• Ship breaking, or preferably ship recycling in the maritime industry.
• Design for demolition, for sustainable use of materials.
Graceful Demolition is not a pipe dream; there is definitely a business case in the emerging circular demobilization market.
Keynote speakers will be Mr. Andries Otter, D&R excellence Manager for Shell, for the morning session addressing the issues in the offshore industry, and Mrs. Tineke Netelenbos, president of the Royal Netherlands Association of Shipowners KVNR, for the afternoon session, addressing the issues in the shipping industry.
For the morning session on Decommissioning and Removal lectures will be by
• Mr. Edward Heerema, Allseas
• Mr. Jan Gravekamp, Heerema Marine Serves
• Mr. Mark Couwenberg, Damen Shipyards
For the afternoon session on ship-recycling lectures will be by
• Mr. Tom Peter Blankestijn, Sea 2 Cradle
• Mr. Peter Heijer, Grieg Green
• Mr. Thor Sterker, Platform Brokers
• Mrs. Stephanie Tjin-A-Djie, KIWA Oesterbaai
For the closing session a panel discussion on options and recommendations for circular economy in ship design will complete the symposium.
Rotterdam Mainport University, Lloydzaal,
Lloydstraat 300, 3042 EA Rotterdam
More information at www.kivi.nl/gracefuldemolition