The mission will take place from 31 October until and including 2 November.
30 October: arrival all participants in Maputo
Informal get together in the evening – TBC
31 October – 2 November (around 14.00 hrs): official program
The program will include many of the following elements:
- Meet the ambassador & Deputy Director for Foreign Economic Relations
- An overview of economic developments in Mozambique during an inspiring breakfast meeting on 1 November
- Network reception at the Dutch Embassy on 1 November
- Dive into the dynamics of the gas market and its opportunities
- Hear from Dutch businesses already active in Mozambique about opportunities & challenges in the business environment
- Learn about regulations (local content, tax, etc.) that will guide your business case
- Get in touch with the major players (ENI, Anadarko, Exxon Mobil, Shell, Yara, etc.) and learn about their plans and timelines
- Hear from the Mozambican government (MIREME, INP, etc.) about their gas ambitions and plans
- Meet potential local partners that you can team up with you to reap the market opportunities – matchmaking – you will be contacted soon to obtain your wishes.
- Get expert advice about security in Cabo Delgado
- Visit the Mozambique Gas Summit – full day
Please click here for the entire program.
Travel: you are responsible for your own travel arrangements. We hope we can welcome you on 30 October, end of the day, for an informal get together.
The official program ends on 2 November around 14.00 hrs.
Accommodation: together with the Dutch Embassy, we will arrange hotel booking.
The proposed hotel is Polana Serena hotel, grouprate of USD 195 p.p.p.n..
To support the mission, a mission booklet will be made containing the company profiles of all participants in English.
We will contact you after your registration for details about what we need from you.
A visa is required to enter Mozambique.
There are 2 ways to arrange your visa:
- Via Mozambican Embassy in Brussels – your passport will be gone for around 6 days. For more information, please click here
- Upon arrival at Maputo airport: it can take a bit of time, but probably much easier. You will need passport, LoI and money (LoI can be provided by the Embassy)
The fee is € 1.450 p.p. excl. VAT
- Including transport locally, entrance Gas Summit full day, matchmaking, lunches, dinners and network reception
- Excluding travel & accommodation costs and visa costs