Yesterday Fred van Beers was attending the North Sea summit in Belgium on behalf of IRO, OWFA and Sif Group, together with nine heads of state.
He was there to represent the offshore wind industry and pleaded for the acceleration of the industry to reach the EU ambitions.
His key messages were:
- Speed up project releases through a simpler and faster permitting process
- Create long-term clarity of orders
- Create one award policy for the North Sea
- Focus on supply chain optimization to realise objectives
- Educate and enthuse future workforce
The North Sea Summit was attended by approx. hundred industry leaders. And among them the current chairman of IRO Mark Heine and former chairman IRO Pieter van Oord.