We are excited to announce the full line-up of speakers at the virtual expert session on offshore wind and ports in Poland on this Tuesday, 29 June.
Besides the Port of Gdynia, also the leading investor in offshore wind energy Polenergia, Royal HaskoningDHV and WindEurope will be joining the expert panel.
With this e-mail we would like to invite you to participate in the kick-off webinar on Tuesday 29 June from 14.00 till 15.30 hrs. During this webinar Dutch and Polish stakeholders will elaborate on the latest developments regarding offshore wind installation and O&M ports in both Poland and the Netherlands and engage in a discussion.
The expert panel consists of:
- Paweł Mawduk who is an offshore Wind Project Manager at Polenergia S.A. Together with Equinor they are implementing three windfarms on the Baltic Sea
- Marcin Krzesiński who is the outer Port of Gdynia Project Manager. The Port of Gdynia is earmarked as the installation port for offshore wind in Poland
- Leon Lammers who is project manager and port consultant at Royal HaskoningDHV, a globally operating Dutch company that provides solutions and consultancy for ports and terminals
- Małgosia Bartosik who is deputy CEO of WindEurope, the voice in Brussels of the European wind industry. She will present their report that concludes that 6.5bln Euro should be invested in the European ports to make them ready for offshore wind energy, bringing substantial benefits to regional development and the (local) economy
Furthermore, we have representatives of several Dutch sea ports in the webinar. They will participate in the discussion on the support function of seaports for the development of offshore wind energy.
The discussion is opened by H.E. Ms. Daphne Bergsma, Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to Poland and moderated by Elro van den Burg, Managing Director of the Netherlands-Polish Chamber of Commerce.
More information and registration
Please click HERE
• Date & time: 29 June 2021 14:00-15:30 CET
• After registration the login link will be sent to you
• The working language during the session is English
• Attending the virtual expert session is free of charge
Potential of the Baltic Sea
The Baltic Sea holds an incredible potential for offshore wind energy in Europe and could host as much as 93 GW by 2050, up from 2.2 GW today.
Poland in its part of the Baltic Sea is expected to develop around 11 GW of offshore wind capacity by 2040. There are ambitious plans and concrete initiatives to invest not only in offshore wind energy farms, but also in grid infrastructure, port infrastructure and the necessary supply chain.
Information on follow-up activities
After the well-attended virtual offshore wind energy mission in December 2020, we are organizing a series of follow-up activities in the forthcoming months, such as an anticipated trade mission to Warsaw from 30 August-1 September (information will follow soon). We do this in close cooperation with the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO), the wind & water works platform (represented by NWEA), the Netherlands-Polish Chamber of Commerce as our implementing partner and a number of key Polish stakeholders. The aim of these activities is to explore the potential for a collective public-partner approach to Dutch-Polish cooperation in this field from next year onwards.
We look forward to welcoming you at the webinar this Tuesday!
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Warsaw
Contact: Tjerk Suurenbroek
Contact: Daniëlle Veldman