The Hydrogen Leadership Forum North-West Europe Edition is on Thursday 14 December, bringing together the brightest persons in the industry and energy sector to discuss economics, infrastructure, and policy at a strategic level, and represent the sector’s interests.
What can you expect on the day itself?
You will find top-level speakers and moderators guiding and inspiring you through large plenary sessions and dedicated workgroups where you can take the lead! Experts will share their refreshing outlooks and debate the challenges the hydrogen transition poses for producers, transporters, and consumers alike. Brainstorm with your peers, broaden your network, and find new partners for current and future projects, as well as coordinate projects to make sure we optimally use the energy and space available in North-West Europe and the North Sea!
Themes of the programme:
- First-mover advantage or disadvantage?
- Cooperation in long-term projects
- Investing during risky transitions
- Leadership as catalyst for effective change
- North-Sea as unique energy and industry asset
- Grey hub-and-spoke: common CCUS infrastructure?
- Supplying the supply: construction and manufacturing for the transition
- Storage needed for scale – The economics of large hydrogen markets
Inspiring speakers help us accelerate the transition, and in fostering teamwork and cooperation. Below you will find a selection from our list of speakers and moderators!
First confirmed speakers:
- Kadri Simson, European Commissioner for Energy (tbc)
- Hans Coenen, Member of the Executive Board Gasunie
- Elisabet Babic, Vice-President North Sea Commission
- Vegard Frihammer, Chairman Norsk Hydrogenforum
- Florian Sayer, Head of Energy Fraunhofer Institute (Ifam)
- Joop Hazenberg, Secretary General Zero Emissions Platform
- An Stroobandt, Deputy-Chief of Cabinet Ministry of Energy Belgium
- Magnolia Tovar, Global Director Zero-Carbon Fuels Clean Air Task Force
- Bas Pulles, Director Delta-Corridor Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs & Climate
- Jeroen Steens, Director Commercial Delivery in charge of Hydrogen, Port of Rotterdam
- Dyonne Rietveld, CEO Benelux & Senior Vice President, Uniper SE
- Prajeev Rasiah, Executive Vice President & Regional Director Energy Systems North Europe, DNV
- Cora van Nieuwenhuizen, Chair of Energie-Nederland and former Minister of Infrastructure and Water Management Dutch Government
- Vibeke Rasmussen, SVP Product Management and Certification Clean Ammonia Yara
- Jeroen Klumper, Director Sustainable Transition Tata Steel (tbc)
- Erik Darner, Managing Director Energy Transition and Clean Technology S&P Global
- Marcel van der Kar, Global Director New Energies Vopak
- Claus Madsen, Chairman Dansk Industri Energi and Managing Director Hitachi Energy Denmark
Stay tuned as more speakers will be revealed soon!
Leading the hydrogen economy of Europe: let us co-create together! Share your ideas and join the network. Be part of the solution and become a leader in the transition.
Why a conference for the North-West Europe region?
The North Sea energy region provides a combination of renewable energy, hydrogen storage and CCS opportunities unique in Europe. It also allows the neighbouring countries to combine their strengths and help each other where they are getting behind. Interconnectivity in storage and transport of both electricity and hydrogen allows for a higher efficiency/lower network loss, for all connected partners. Lastly, the sheer scale we work with in an energy transition means projects would strongly benefit from access to international consortia for capital investment, experience, operating capacity, and more. The hydrogen economy starts here!
The Hydrogen Leadership Awards:
Visit Rotterdam a day earlier and join us for the Hydrogen Leadership Awards including dinner. Which company will be named leader in the industry and what person has the leadership skills needed to transform towards a hydrogen economy?
VNAB kennis- en ontmoetingscentrum
3011 XS Rotterdam
Registration with IRO discount:
Register at www.hydrogenleadershipforum.com
IRO members receive € 100 discount by using the code IROH2-100
So IRO members pay €549 instead of €649,- (excl. VAT) per person for the conference. This includes lunch, refreshments and documentation.