The country has an offshore oil and gas asset stock consisting of:
- 1,008 wells
- 57 fixed facilities (including 237,000 tonnes of topsides and 518 tonnes of substructures)
- 11 floating facilities
- 82 export and inter-field pipelines
- 205 infield flowlines (1,7000 km excluding jumpers and spools)
- 130 static umbilicals (approximately 1,500 km excluding flying leads)
- 535 subsea structures
- 126 flexible risers and dynamic umbilicals associated with floating facilities
The decommissioning of this infrastructure presents an eye-watering bill with the estimated liability costs ranging from between US$30bn to US$50bn over the next 50 years.
The report provides an insight into the opportunities that lie ahead.
Please click here for the report.
Also have a look at the DECOMMISSIONING & ABANDONMENT AUSTRALIA WORKSHOP, scheduled for 10 & 11 May: click here.