On Tuesday 21 November 2018 the IRO Annual General Meeting took place at Van Oord in Rotterdam, attended by 130 IRO members.
The main items on the agenda for the Annual General Meeting were:
- reflection of IRO’s activities during 2018
- the financial closure of 2018
- short view on focus areas for the (near) future
- budget 2019 presentation and approval
- stepping down of Board members Jeff Sluijter and Jan Willem van der Graaf
- appointment of Board members Bruno Jelgerhuis (EY) and Koos-Jan van Brouwershaven (Heerema Fabrication Group & Heerema Marine Contractors)During the public part of the meeting, Chairman of IRO, Pieter van Oord, gave his views on the future developments in the oil and gas and offshore renewable industry. Also Wouter Dirks, Manager Engineering & Estimating Energy, presented the audience with an overview of Van Oord’s innovations in Offshore wind.
Young IRO‘s Vice-chairman Jiska Bazuin followed with an update on Young IRO’s activities and future plans where the young and established work together on a bright offshore future.
After the presentations all attendees were invited to join an interesting guided tour with presentations at the simulators area.
Drinks and bites at the end of the afternoon offered everybody the opportunity to mingle and network.
A special thanks to Van Oord for its hospitality!